Matching varietal to terroir is essential to growing ultra-premium quality wine grapes. True to our mission, we farm two distinct properties to accomplish this. Click on the links below for the details of each vineyard.
Our vineyards are cultivated and farmed under the direction of Salvador Ramos who has been with the Jaeger Family for over 30 years. In a joint effort with Doug Hill & Oak Knoll Farming Company, we have developed a deep understanding of the relationship between the land and the fruit grown that only time can qualify.
• Oak Knoll Vineyard, 5100 Big Ranch Road, Napa, CA 94558 •
Our Oak Knoll Vineyard is located at 5100 Big Ranch Road in the Oak Knoll District of the Napa Valley.
MERLOT and CABERNET SAUVIGNON flourish here.
This vineyard is part of our original property. Located in "The Oak Knoll District of the Napa Valley", it is 78% Merlot and 22% Cabernet Sauvignon. This area is likened to the Pomerol area of Bordeaux and our results confirm it.
It was replanted between 1996 and 2002, is now beautifully mature, and up to full production. The soil is rich and well drained gravely loam; the Rootstock is mostly 101-14 for strength and resiliency; the Clone selections are diverse to
provide complexity in flavor profiles.
The fruit exhibits a definite reflection of the earth from which it grows; rich and luscious, showing ripe berry, cherry and cassis flavors with the depth and complexity expected from one of the best Merlot growing regions in the world.
Create a new program for a vineyard designate or strengtihen your existing Napa Valley Meritage, Merlot or
Cabernet Sauvignon programs.
- Block 2 – 3.33 acrIes of Merlot (Clone 181) on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 3A – 3.08 acres of Merlot (Clones 1,3,&6) on Clone 5BB rootstock
- Block 3B – 4.42 acres of Merlot (Clone 3) on Clone 5C rootstock
- Block 5 – 7.19 acres of Merlot (Clone Raucedo) with ½ on Clone 3309 and ½ on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 6 – 6.68 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon (Clone 337) with ¼ on Clone 3309 and ¾ on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 7A – 1.73 acres on 5BB rootstock (will be budded to Cabernet Sauvignon Clone 337)
- Block 7B – 7.52 acres of Merlot (Clone Raucedo) on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 7C – 10.97 acres of Merlot (Clone 181) on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 8 – 14.87 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon on Clone 336 and 5C rootstock
- Block 9 – 19.59 acres of Merlot (Clone 181 & Raucedo) on Clone 101-14 rootstock
- Block 10A – 5.59 acres of Merlot (Clone 3) on Clone 5C rootstock
- Block 10B – 10.11 acres of Merlot (Clone 181) with ¼ on Clone 5C and ¾ on Clone 101-14 rootstock
• Clarke Ranch Vineyard, 1250 Watson Lane, American Canyon, CA 94503 •
Our Clarke Ranch Vineyard is located at 1250 Watson Road in American Canyon.
CHARDONNAY, PINOT NOIR and Syrah thrive in the cool bay breezes.
Remember when you were a kid and you were trying to keep a secret but the sheepish grin on your face always gave you away? This vineyard gives our clients and us the same result.
This 80-acre ranch is a gem of a secret. Located in American Canyon, it is just outside of the Carneros region. The cooler, breezier climate and the rolling hills provide well-drained soils and the stress needed (to both the vines and the farming team) to get magical results. The growing time is slightly extended due to earlier bud-break in the spring and longer "hang-time" at harvest. The results are mature fruit flavors that stand out in a sea of wine grapes.
Marketers know the need for a point of distinction and that is exactly what you get from this tucked-away vineyard.
Don't wait long to inquire as there is usually a waiting list.
It is planted in 80% Chardonnay, 18% Pinot Noir.
- Block 1 – 31.9 acres – Chardonnay – Rootstocks are 101-14, 5BB, 5C, 101R, Schwartzman
and the Varietal Clone for all acres is 76
- Block 2P – 2.5 acres – Pinot Noir – Rootstock is 5C and the Varietal Clone is Pommard
- Block 2S – 3.0 acres – Syrah – Rootstock is 5C and the Varietal Clones are 383 and 877
- Block 3 – 5.2 acres – Pinot Noir – Rootstock is 1103 Paulson and the Varietal Clone is 32
- Block 4 – 6.6 acres – Chardonnay – Rootstocks are 101-14 and 3309 and the Varietal Clone is Robert Young
- Block 5 – 6.8 acres – Chardonnay – Rootstocks are 101-14 and 110R and the Varietal Clone is Robert Young
- Block 6 – 4.0 acres – Chardonnay – Rootstock is 110R and the Varietal Clone is Robert Young
- Block 8 & 9 – 4.9 acres – Chardonnay – Rootstocks are 101-14 and 1103 Paulson and the Varietal Clone is Wood